By Officer Natalie Hall, CPD
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. – Since late December and the beginning of January, there have been multiple residential burglaries in the area North of 101st Airborne Parkway.
These burglaries are similar in that the back doors were kicked open and multiple TVs, along with other electronics, were taken from the homes. Several of these incidents happened during the day while the homeowners were gone. These suggestions may help prevent these types of burglaries:
1. Even in the day, close all curtains and blinds so that TVs, electronics, and other valuables are not easily seen.
2. Do not advertise that there is no one home, which includes notes on the front door for delivery services to take delivered packages next door. Criminals watching homes will read those notes. Make arrangements with these businesses if you know you won’t be home.
3. Do not put TV or electronics boxes out by the trash to be easily seen. This lets the criminals know what you have in the home.
4. Copy all serial numbers down. It is best to copy them on a thumb drive separate from your computer, in case your computer is stolen.
5. Finally, the Clarksville Community has been very helpful in many different incidents in which the Clarksville Police Department has been involved. We are requesting more help. If you see suspicious individuals or activity happening at any time, please call 911, and Officers will come to that location to check out the situation.