Nicole June Reporting
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. – A family’s property was destroyed by fire late Thursday evening.
Fire Marshall Ray Williams received a call July 3 around 11:30 p.m. and responded to 307 Lake Court Drive where a fire had destroyed a car port, totaled one vehicle, and damaged another.
The fire spread to a downstairs bedroom in the home, which was also damaged by water and smoke.
The family was home at the time and no one was injured, but they are displaced and have been assisted by the Red Cross.
Investigators believe fireworks may have been to blame. “This is an unfortunate incident,” Williams said. “We’ve been lucky in recent years to not have any firework-related fires, but it looks like this may have been the case.”